LONDON, December 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Royal Dutch Shell plc (the "Company") (NYSE: RDS.A) (NYSE: RDS.B) announces that Mr Gerrit Zalm has been appointed a Non-executive Director of the Company with effect from January 1, 2013. Mr Zalm is the Chairman of the Board of Management of ABN AMRO Bank N.V., a position he has held since February 2009. Prior to that Mr Zalm was the Minister of Finance of the Netherlands from 1994-2002 and from 2003-2007. Mr Zalm will seek re-appointment by shareholders at the next Annual General Meeting (AGM), scheduled to be held in May 2013.
Mr Jeroen van der Veer, a Non-executive Director of the Company since July 2009 and a Member of the Corporate and Social Responsibility Committee, and previously Chief Executive from October 2004 until July 2009, has elected to retire from the Board at the close of business of the 2013 AGM.
"When Jeroen van der Veer steps down in 2013 he will have completed 42 years of exemplary service to the Company of which 16 years as a director of the Company, including as the Chief Executive during a difficult period followed by a transition and successful unification," it was noted by the Chairman Jorma Ollila.ENQUIRIES Media Contacts: International, UK +44(0)20-7934-5550 The Hague +31-70-377-8750 Shell Investor Relations: The Hague Tjerk Huysinga +31-70-377-3996 North America Ken Lawrence: +1-713-241-2069 SOURCE Royal Dutch Shell plc
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV