Cycle Stuff Direct Look At The Perceptions Of Cycling
SOUTHAMPTON, England, December 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
A couple of weeks ago the National Institute for Health and Clinic Excellence (NICE) released new guidelines for local authorities who will be responsible for public health from April 2013. NICE reported that 3/4 of women and 2/3 of men do not exercise enough to stay healthy and fit and stated that cycling should be the key mode of transport for short journeys. Bicycle clothing and accessories website, Cycle Stuff Direct, are advocates of this as cycling has huge health benefits including weight loss, reducing stress and improving overall fitness.
Dereck Pickering, Operations Director, says "Not only is cycling great for overall fitness, but compared to cars being used for short journey, it saves money and is better for the environment. I'm happy that NICE are advocating cycling as there has always been, and still are, concerns about safety and negative press that put people off cycling. An example of this is the BBC's documentary about commuter cyclists that was broadcasted last week."
The documentary, "The War on Britain's Roads" showed video footage from cyclists' road bike helmets which included near misses and very angry drivers. Dramatising is what the media do but many people found this extreme. MPs and campaigners have described the documentary is "sensationalist" and "irresponsible."Dereck says that the issues covered on the programme were over the top and not successful in illustrating the truth. He states, "Cyclists including me have had zero problems when it comes to cycling on the roads. Many drivers overtake me safely and pass without incident. It's such a shame that when something negative is said about cycling it has a huge impact on people's perception of cycling."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV