Zuji Survey Reveals 82% Of Aussies Don't Get Enough Holidays
SYDNEY, Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Do you get enough holidays? With the festive season fast approaching, this question can derive contentious responses. In fact, 82% of Australians say they don't get adequate time to holiday, according to online travel agent ZUJI.com.au.
This finding came, following recent research conducted by ZUJI involving more than 1,800 people.
The research also highlighted the blurring line between work and play, says Managing Director of ZUJI APAC, James Gaskell:
"75% admitted they research hotels and holidays while at work, 50% spending more than 10 hours of work time per trip. 33% say they would spend more work time researching their travel if they didn't have to worry about getting caught."However Gaskell says Australians are also very conscientious: "More than 60% of Australians say they regularly monitor their work emails via a mobile device while on holiday." SURPRISING SURVEY STATISTICS:
- 82% say they don't go on enough breaks.
- More than a third of Australians haven't had a holiday of any kind in 12 months or more.
- The survey identified Queenslanders as the demographic most in need of a break, with 65% going more than a year since their last holiday.
- 45% of NSW respondents were satisfied with the amount of holidays they take, making them the most satisfied state in the country.
- Over 75% of Australians admit to researching their next holiday at work.
- 33% of work researchers have said they'd do it more if they didn't have to worry about getting caught.
- Almost 50% spend in excess of ten hours planning their next trip while at work, keeping an eye out for local and international accommodation as well as scanning for cheap flights.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV