Big In Love, But Not In Size: Couple Receives Gastric Sleeve Surgeries From Dr. Michael Feiz
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Married for over ten years, Oxnard-based couple Roger and Mayra Rosales have enjoyed their kids and family life. Still, one element greatly detracted from their happiness for years. Both struggled with obesity, along with frequent illnesses which were part and parcel to the excessive weight.
"We were always sick," Roger, 30, explains. "Always getting the flu and feeling tired, I guess because we weren't eating well. We always had back problems."
Mayra, 29, also speaks of the constant maladies. "My cholesterol was always so high. I felt like I was always in a bad mood and had headaches."
Now, the husband and wife are relieved of these issues, as a result of the gastric sleeve surgeries they received from expert bariatric surgeon Dr. Michael Feiz, M.D., FACS. A leading bariatric surgeon in Los Angeles, Dr. Feiz has successfully performed countless weight loss procedures, including FDA-compliant Lap Band surgeries. Dr. Feiz and his associates designate the Rosales' as their December Patient Ambassadors, recognizing the couple's hard work and bravery a year after each received the sleeve gastrectomy surgery.Initially, the Morales' conducted a Google search for "weight loss surgery," and Dr. Feiz' website was one of the first links on the list. Roger's insurance assigned the couple a case manager to research board certified bariatric surgeons. The case manager revealed that Dr. Feiz was the preferred physician. Upon meeting with Dr. Feiz, the patients learned they both qualified for sleeve gastrectomy. During this procedure, a portion of the stomach is removed, limiting the amount of food that can be consumed and reducing the hormone ghrelin which is responsible for appetite. Roger and Mayra connected well with Dr. Feiz and decided to proceed with gastric sleeve.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV