MARIETTA, Ga., Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] delivered a C-130J Super Hercules to the Iraqi Air Force at formal ceremonies here today. This is one of the initial three aircraft of a total of six C-130Js ordered by Iraq.
The other two of these initial three aircraft departed yesterday for Iraq. The remaining three C-130Js will be delivered in 2013. The Iraqi Air Force will use the airlifters for intra-theater support for its troops and to provide humanitarian relief operations in various locations.
"Fifteen countries have already selected the C-130J Super Hercules to meet their airlift requirements," said George Shultz, Lockheed Martin's vice president and general manager for C-130 Programs. "Be it recapitalization of existing fleets, or new operators seeking proven airlift performance and capability, the C-130J is always the logical, low risk, affordable, proven answer."
Acquisition of new transport aircraft will provide Iraq with the ability to operate seamlessly with U.S., NATO and coalition forces engaged in a wide range of operations and missions.Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 120,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation's net sales for 2011 were $46.5 billion. For additional information, visit our website: www.lockheedmartin.com SOURCE Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV