TCF Financial Corporation (“TCF”) (NYSE:TCB) today announced the pricing of its public offering of 4,000,000 shares of 6.45% Series B Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock (“Preferred Stock”), at a public offering price of $25.00 per share for gross proceeds of $100 million. TCF has also granted the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 600,000 shares to cover over-allotments, if any, at the same price for potential additional gross proceeds of $15 million. Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC and UBS Securities LLC acted as joint book-running managers. RBC Capital Markets, LLC and Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Incorporated served as co-managers.
Dividends will be payable on the Preferred Stock if, as and when declared by TCF’s Board of Directors on a non-cumulative basis on March 1, June 1, September 1 and December 1 of each year, commencing on March 1, 2013 at a per annum rate of 6.45%. TCF expects to use the net proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes, which may include capital to support asset growth.
TCF expects to close the transaction, subject to customary conditions, on or about December 19, 2012.
This announcement shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities, nor shall there be any offer or sale of these securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of such jurisdiction. The offering will be made only by means of a prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus, copies of which may be obtained from Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC at 180 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014, Attention: Prospectus Delivery Department, or by telephone at 866-718-1649 and from UBS Securities LLC at 299 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10171, Attention: Prospectus Specialist, or by telephone at 877-827-6444, ext. 561-3884.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV