This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration. Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
A lot of time is spent looking for stocks that have are cheap, but don’t you want to invest in a company that can efficiently earn returns on the capital you provide them? Just because a company is priced low doesn’t mean its a great buy. However, a company that can put investors money to good use is usually a keeper in your portfolio.
With this in mind, we screened for Large Cap Stocks that offered superior returns on equity of over 50%. ROE is a measure of how much profit a company generates on the capital provided by shareholders.
Business Section: Investing Ideas
Our screen produced the results below. We compare each companies ROE to the ROE of their peers:
1. Colgate-Palmolive Co. (CL, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets consumer products worldwide. Market cap at $50.39B, most recent closing price at $106.65. ROE = 95.25% vs. Peers = 27.88%
2. Coach, Inc. (COH, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in the design and marketing of accessories and gifts for men and women in the United States and internationally. Market cap at $16.42B, most recent closing price at $57.87. ROE = 54.86% vs. Peers = 26.27%
3. Ford Motor Co. (F, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Develops, manufactures, distributes, and services vehicles and parts worldwide. Market cap at $42.06B, most recent closing price at $11.24. ROE = 142.46% vs. Peers = 11.73%
4. Hershey Co. (HSY, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing various chocolate and confectionery products, pantry items, and gum and mint refreshment products worldwide. Market cap at $16.08B, most recent closing price at $72.04. ROE = 68.43% vs. Peers = 16.39%
5. Moody’s Corp. (MCO, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides credit ratings and related research, data, and analytical tools; risk management software; and quantitative credit risk measures, credit portfolio management solutions, and training services in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Market cap at $11.02B, most recent closing price at $49.42. ROE = 982.29% vs. Peers = 43.43%