Looking for stocks trading at attractive prices? Here are some ideas to get you started on your search.
We ran a screen on the S&P 500 for stocks paying dividends above 1% and sustainable payout ratios below 50%. We then screened these stocks for those that appear undervalued relative to the Graham Number.
It is based on a stock’s EPS and book value per share (BVPS).
Graham Number = SQRT(22.5 x TTM EPS x MRQ BVPS)The equation assumes that P/E should not be higher than 15, and P/BV should not be higher than 1.5. Stocks trading well below their Graham Number may be undervalued. For an interactive version of this chart, click on the image below. Analyst ratings sourced from Zacks Investment Research. Do you think these stocks should be trading higher? Use this list as a starting point for your own analysis. 1. Chevron Corporation (CVX, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in petroleum, chemicals, mining, power generation, and energy operations worldwide. Market cap at $208.34B, most recent closing price at $106.45. Dividend yield at 3.44%. Diluted TTM earnings per share at 12.19, and a MRQ book value per share value at 67.93, implies a Graham Number fair value = sqrt(22.5*12.19*67.93) = $136.50. Based on the stock’s price at $105.69, this implies a potential upside of 29.15% from current levels. 2. The Chubb Corporation (CB, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides property and casualty insurance to businesses and individuals. Market cap at $20.28B, most recent closing price at $77.44. Dividend yield at 2.14%. Diluted TTM earnings per share at 6.89, and a MRQ book value per share value at 60.98, implies a Graham Number fair value = sqrt(22.5*6.89*60.98) = $97.23. Based on the stock’s price at $76.99, this implies a potential upside of 26.29% from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV