Economists and lawmakers warn that without an agreement, the U.S. could slip back into a recession. And they say that small businesses have the most to lose.
American Airlines rolls out new fare structure
American Airlines is changing the way it charges you to fly.American will charge up to $88 more per round trip for passengers who want a basic ticket that includes checking baggage or changing a reservation. Currently the airline levies separate fees for those and other extras for everyone except premium passengers. American says the new fare structure is a response to customer complaints about fees for changing reservations. American will still sell a basic fare without protection against add-on fees for the "passenger who is just looking for the cheapest way to get to where they've got to go." ___ Your drink: now the most pleasant part of flying Airlines have found a way to take the edge off the stress of flying and make a few extra bucks along the way with fancy new cocktails, craft beers and elegant wines. The drinks advertised in the back of in-flight magazines â¿¿ or on sleek seatback touchscreens â¿¿ are starting to resemble those at the hottest nightclubs. Flying isn't what it used to be. Long lines, ever-changing security rules and limited overhead bin space have all made traveling much more stressful. It's no wonder many passengers look for a little escape. Airlines â¿¿ who created much of this anxiety â¿¿ are happy to oblige. ___ Most Googled in 2012: Whitney, PSY, Sandy The world's attention wavered between the tragic and the silly in 2012. Along the way, millions of people searched the Web to find out about a royal princess, the latest iPad, and a record-breaking skydiver. Whitney Houston was the "top trending" search of the year, according to a Google report. People searched for news about Houston's accidental drowning in a bathtub in February.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV