TORONTO, Dec. 12, 2012 /CNW/ - Sears Canada Inc. (TSX: SCC) announced today that its Board of Directors declared that an extraordinary cash dividend of $1.00 per share on all Common Shares of the Company, or approximately $102 million, will be paid on December 31, 2012 to shareholders of record as at the close of business on December 24, 2012.
Sears Canada hereby notifies shareholders that it designates the full amount of the dividend to be paid on the common shares, to be an "eligible dividend" as defined in subsection 89(1) of the Income Tax Act ( Canada), and in any similar provincial and territorial tax legislation.
Sears Canada is a multi-channel retailer with a network that includes 195 corporate stores, 269 hometown dealer stores, 8 home services showrooms, over 1,500 catalogue and online merchandise pick-up locations, 102 Sears Travel offices and a nationwide home maintenance, repair, and installation network. The Company also publishes Canada's most extensive general merchandise catalogue and offers shopping online at www.sears.ca.
SOURCE Sears Canada Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV