First Trust/Aberdeen Emerging Opportunity Fund (the "Fund") (NYSE: FEO) today declared its regularly scheduled quarterly distribution of $0.35 per share, consisting of $0.178 per share ordinary distribution, $0.039 per share short-term capital gain distribution and $0.133 per share long-term capital gain distribution. The distribution will be payable on December 31, 2012, to shareholders of record as of December 26, 2012. The ex-dividend date is expected to be December 21, 2012. The quarterly distribution information for the Fund appears below.
|First Trust/Aberdeen Emerging Opportunity Fund (FEO):|
|Distribution per share:||$0.35|
|Distribution rate based on the December 11, 2012 NAV of $23.61:||5.93%|
|Distribution rate based on the December 11, 2012 closing market price of $21.76:||6.43%|
The Fund’s current policy is to make level distributions each quarter in the amount of $0.35 per share.
This distribution will be paid out of net investment income earned by the Fund, as well as from net short-term and long-term realized capital gains as noted above. The final determination of the source and tax status of all 2012 distributions will be made after the end of 2012.
The Fund is a closed-end management investment company that seeks to provide a high level of total return. The Fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing at least 80% of its managed assets in a diversified portfolio of equity and fixed-income securities of issuers in emerging market countries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV