OSC Investor Alert - Emerging World Pharma, Inc.
TORONTO, Dec. 12, 2012 /CNW/ - The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) is warning Ontario investors to exercise caution in any dealings with representatives of Emerging World Pharma, Inc. ("Emerging World").
While Emerging World represents itself to be headquartered in Sunyani, Ghana, its officers and director are residents of Ontario and its shares were traded on the over-the-counter market in the United States.
On December 6, 2012, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) suspended trading in the shares of Emerging World , noting that "questions have arisen concerning the adequacy and accuracy of press releases and other public statements concerning Emerging World's business operation and financial condition."
Trading in the shares of Emerging World has been suspended for a period of 10 days, ending at 11:59 p.m. EST on December 19, 2012.The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices and to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in capital markets. Investors are urged to check the registration of any person or company offering an investment opportunity and to review the OSC's investor materials available at www.osc.gov.on.ca If you have any questions or information relating to this matter, please contact the OSC Contact Centre at 1-877-785-1555. SOURCE Ontario Securities Commission
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV