BALTIMORE, Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Legg Mason, Inc. (NYSE: LM) announced today that its Board of Directors approved an amendment to the payment date for the Company's quarterly cash dividend on its common stock in the amount of $0.11 per share. The dividend was previously declared by the Company on October 26, 2012. The dividend will now be payable on December 28, 2012, rather than the previously announced payment date of January 7, 2013. No changes have been made to the record date, December 12, 2012, or amount of this previously declared quarterly cash dividend. This action reflects Legg Mason's ongoing commitment to return capital to shareholders through dividends and share repurchases.
About Legg Mason
Legg Mason is a global asset management firm, with $648 billion in assets under management at November 30, 2012. The Company provides active asset management in major investment centers throughout the world. Legg Mason is headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, and its common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: LM).
SOURCE Legg Mason, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV