Rudolph Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: RTEC) (“Rudolph” or the “Company”), a leading provider of process characterization equipment and software for wafer fabs and advanced packaging facilities, announced today that it has entered the back-end advanced packaging lithography market with the new JetStep™ Lithography System, a disruptive innovation featuring a 2X reduction stepper. With the acquisition of Wilmington, Massachusetts-based Azores Corp. (Azores), a leader in the design, development, manufacture and support of steppers for display products, Rudolph is spurring an industry revolution by launching a game-changing total lithography solution for the semiconductor advanced packaging market based on Azores’ patented and established stepper technology and Rudolph’s significant back-end expertise.
- Advanced packaging is in the early stages of dynamic growth; Yole Développement has forecast demand for equipment and related tools in the 3DIC and wafer-level packaging area to grow from approximately $370 million in 2010 to over $2.5 billion by 2016 at a CAGR of 38 percent over that period.
- Azores acquisition expands Rudolph’s business model, enlarges the Company’s role within the advanced packaging market, and likely more than doubles Rudolph’s total addressable back-end market.
- Rudolph’s total lithography system includes the JetStep 2X reduction stepper integrated with Rudolph’s equipment automation and fault detection software; the Company’s flagship NSX® inspection tool for CD overlay measurements; and for full, closed-loop control, includes ProcessWORKS ® APC software, the industry’s most comprehensive run-to-run control system, ARTIST ® fault detection and classification system, and the Company’s fabwide yield management system, Discover ®, which provides automated, real-time process control feedback.
- The first JetStep System shipped to a packaging technology leader, who is a top-five outsourced assembly and test (OSAT) company. Rudolph is actively engaged with other leading IDM, fabless and OSAT companies.
JetStep—Lower Cost-of-Ownership with Compelling User Advantages from a Known Supplier to the Advanced Packaging IndustryRudolph’s entrance into the back-end lithography market underscores the Company’s strategic partnerships with an expanding customer base. Advanced packaging lithography has a completely different set of manufacturing requirements than those associated with front-end lithography, and its technical challenges are not readily addressed with existing solutions, which in the back-end have consisted primarily of projection aligners and 1X steppers.
The next-generation JetStep Lithography System is a revolutionary 2X reduction step-and-repeat tool, designed to give better device yields, higher throughput, and most importantly a lower cost-of-ownership today, while providing the basis for pursuing the challenges of a solid technical roadmap tomorrow. This transformative technology represents a paradigm shift for the industry and provides a total lithography solution that is fully customizable to the varying technical requirements of each customer, enabling them to more effectively compete in the high-growth advanced packaging market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV