KBR (NYSE: KBR) today announced it was selected to execute boiler demolition and construction for Cameco Corporation’s (Cameco) Rabbit Lake boiler upgrade project. Cameco’s Rabbit Lake operation is the longest operating uranium production facility in Canada, and the second largest uranium mill in the world by capacity.
KBR Canada subsidiary, KBR Wabi, will perform installation and demolition of the boilers, ancillary equipment and utilities for the project. This project builds on KBR Wabi’s previous contract management work executed for Cameco and complements KBR Wabi’s long-time presence in mining construction in Canada.
“This is a strategic project for KBR Wabi as we continue to expand our extensive mining construction portfolio,” said Karl Roberts, Senior Vice President, KBR Canada. “Cameco is a world leader in low-cost uranium production and we’re pleased to collaborate with them and support their needs in the growing minerals market.”
KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets. For more information, visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV