The Board of Directors of CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced the unanimous election of Michael P. Gregoire, 46, as the company’s new chief executive officer, effective January 7, 2013. A 25-year veteran of the software and IT services industries, Gregoire also was elected to the CA Technologies Board of Directors.
He will succeed William E. McCracken, 70, who has served as CA Technologies chief executive officer since January, 2010 and who is retiring effective March 31, 2013. McCracken also will leave the CA Technologies Board of Directors effective January 7, 2013.
“I am honored to have the opportunity to lead CA Technologies,” Gregoire said. “I accepted the position because I believe CA Technologies has a compelling value proposition, a strong reputation and a growing relevance for customers, software engineering, and partners. It is clear that CA Technologies is well-positioned to lead the industry as companies find it more critical than ever to manage and secure their IT environments in the cloud and efficiently provide business services that enable them to win in the marketplace.”
Most recently, Gregoire was chairman, president and chief executive officer of Taleo Corp., a cloud-based talent management software company. During his seven years leading Taleo, Gregoire successfully managed an IPO in 2005 and grew revenue from $78 million to $324 million. Taleo was acquired early in 2012 by Oracle Corp. for nearly $2 billion.Before joining Taleo, Gregoire spent four years at PeopleSoft, Inc., a provider of software solutions for human resource management, financial management, supply chain, customer relationship management and enterprise performance management. While there, he was the executive vice president of PeopleSoft Global Services, leading a team of 4,000 professionals with annual revenue of $2 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV