NASA Makes Unprecedented Return To Mars, Advances Commercial Spaceflight And Adds To Its Amazing Research And Discoveries In 2012
NASA transitioned our in-person social media events from NASA Tweetups to NASA Socials, included more social media platforms and held the agency's first multi-NASA center social for Curiosity's landing. NASA's social media teams held 16 events, bringing more than 1,000 people into NASA and other facilities.
The agency also worked to integrated social media into more daily news processes than ever before. From inviting social media followers to participate in NASA news briefings and events to being able to virtually attend events held for news media, such as the Orion capsule arrival at Kennedy Space Center in July. NASA also offered more than a dozen opportunities to ask questions of agency officials using #askNASA, including in several Google+ Hangouts, providing additional direct interaction points between the public and NASA.
A little more than a year after the final shuttle mission, NASA helped return cargo flights to the International Space Station from U.S. soil, furthered the development of U.S. commercial spaceflight systems to transport astronauts to the space station and made progress toward the first launches of NASA's new deep-space spacecraft and heavy-lift rocket. Complemented by key research and technology products to enable long journeys into space, NASA continued making the investments in 2012 required to undertake this new era of deep space exploration.NASA Television's Video File newsfeed will include items featuring these top stories beginning at noon EST, Dec. 17. For NASA TV streaming video, schedules and downlink information, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/ntv NASA's website will highlight these stories and more also starting at noon on Dec. 17. Visit: http://www.nasa.gov SOURCE NASA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV