News Summary: OJ Surges On Florida Crop Forecast
By The Associated Press
ENERGIZED JUICE: Orange juice futures surged 3.2 percent after dry weather hurt Florida's crop. Traders also are concerned about the potential of frost damage during the winter.
FED SPEAKS: The Federal Reserve plans to take additional steps to help economic growth, including more bond purchases. Gold and other commodities have benefited from previous Fed bond-buying programs because low interest rates pressured the dollar. Commodities are priced in dollars so a weaker dollar makes them a bargain for traders who use other currencies.
SUMMING IT UP: Prices rose for gold, industrial metals, oil and soybeans. Natural gas, wheat and corn fell.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV