Secretary Of Education Declares Harrisburg City School District In Financial Recovery, Names Chief Recovery Officer
HARRISBURG, Pa., Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Secretary of Education Ron Tomalis today declared Harrisburg City School District, Dauphin County, in Moderate Financial Recovery and named Gene G. Veno as the district's chief recovery officer.
Veno, 62, of Lower Paxton Township, graduated from West Scranton High School in Lackawanna County.
He earned a bachelor's degree in business education from Elizabethtown College and a master's degree in public administration from Marywood University.
Veno's educational experience includes previously serving on the Scranton School District school board, as well as developing a strategic marketing plan for the Lebanon Catholic High School for which he was awarded the Nevelyn J. Kinsley Award – 2002 – College Educator of the Year.In 1989, Veno founded Gene G. Veno and Associates, a national consulting firm. Veno currently consults for the American Association of Public Insurance Adjusters, located in Washington, D.C., and previously served in the executive management capacity at both the national and state levels for profit and nonprofit associations. He was also an adjunct instructor of business at the graduate and undergraduate levels at Lebanon Valley College. Veno also served as secretary of the Milk Marketing Board of Pennsylvania and dean of continuing education at Lackawanna Junior College. "Gene's experience in fiscal management and executive leadership will benefit Harrisburg City School District and the community at large," Tomalis said. "I am confident that Gene will work with the community to restore financial stability to the school district." Media Contact: Tim Eller, 717-783-9802 SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Education
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV