Dallas Attorney, Mediator Deborah Hankinson Addresses Appellate Judges Conference
DALLAS, Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dallas attorney and mediator Deborah Hankinson, founder of the appellate law firm Hankinson LLP, recently was invited to participate in a panel discussion about how appellate lawyers can best frame the issues in their cases during the Appellate Judges Education Institute 2012 Summit in New Orleans.
Ms. Hankinson, a former Justice of the Supreme Court of Texas and the Texas 5th District Court of Appeals in Dallas, joined the panel to discuss "Making Your Appellate Position More Appealing: The Importance of Framing the Issues."
Joining her on the panel were Judge Stephen Higginson of the 5 th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals and Professor Judith Fischer of the University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law. The panel moderator was Deena Jo Schneider of Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP."The summit presents a wonderful opportunity to delve into issues that are important to judges and appellate lawyers," Ms. Hankinson says. "It's a valuable experience, whether you're engaging in a discussion on a panel or listening as part of the group." The summit is a combined effort of the Appellate Judges Education Institute at Southern Methodist University's Dedman School of Law and the American Bar Association's Judicial Division Appellate Judges Conference. The four-day program includes presentations from judges, attorneys and legal scholars from across the country. This year's program included a special session with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. In addition to her appellate practice, Ms. Hankinson handles complex, multi-party mediations for parties in litigation, as well as pre-suit conflict resolution. She also frequently serves as an arbitrator and is a member of the American Arbitration Association's National Roster of Arbitrators and Mediators.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV