Southwest Agent Offers Her Belt to Passenger
WHO: Southwest airport agent Lydia Jarden.
In a bathroom at the Orlando International Airport this summer, a five-year-old boy had an unfortunate accident, one that left his clothes soaking wet as he prepared for a flight on Southwest (LCC). Did you ever notice how hard it is to find a good kid's clothing store in an airport? This boy's dad did.
In a recent issue of Southwest Spirit magazine, CEO Gary Kelly wrote about the experience. "The only clothes the father could find were shirts for sale in the gift shop, and he was scrambling to find a solution," Kelley wrote. "That's when he brought this to the attention one of our customer agents in Orlando."Agent Lydia Jarden began calling around the Southwest Orlando operation, trying to find a small pair of pants. "She found some uniform pants, and after removing the Southwest markings, she cut the length to fit the little boy," Kelly wrote. "There was only one problem -- the waist was about ten sizes too big. So our employee removed her own belt and punched a hole so it would properly fit the boy's waist." Is the customer service really this good in other industries? Follow @tedreednc -- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV