Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) and OTO Development today announce the opening of
Hyatt Place Los Angeles/LAX/El Segundo
, the first Hyatt Place in the city of El Segundo. The new hotel is a refreshing choice for business and leisure travelers alike.
“As the El Segundo and LAX area continues to grow and thrive economically, we are excited to add to the momentum by welcoming the first Hyatt Place property to the area,” said Jacob Vanderwiel, general manager of Hyatt Place Los Angeles/LAX/El Segundo. “We know our guests will appreciate our comfortable and functional amenities such as free Wi-Fi, made-to-order fresh food around the clock and the StayFit@Hyatt fitness center.”
The five-story hotel is located in the new Campus El Segundo – a mixed-use office, retail and urban park environment, adjacent to the Metro Rail Green Line Mariposa/Nash station, and just minutes from Los Angeles International Airport. For business travelers, Hyatt Place Los Angeles/LAX/El Segundo is also close to many corporate offices such as Xerox, Northrop Grumman, Aerospace Company, Boeing, Raytheon, Fresh & Easy, Accenture, SAIC, Mattel, Oracle, Sketchers USA Inc, China Airlines Limited, and Singapore Airlines Limited. It is one mile from the Los Angeles Air Force Base and provides easy access to Loyola Marymount University, Cal State Dominguez Hills, USC, and UCLA.
For leisure travelers, Hyatt Place Los Angeles/LAX/El Segundo is a quick trip to southern California attractions such as to
Marina Del Rey
. Entertainment for both adults and children is nearby, including Manhattan Beach Country Club and
The Lakes at El Segundo golf course
Toyota Sports Center
Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center
Manhattan Beach Botanical Garden
Hyatt Place Los Angeles/LAX/El Segundo offers:
HYATT PLACE LOS ANGELES/LAX/EL SEGUNDO LEADERSHIP
- 143 spacious guestrooms, all of which feature a 42-inch HDTV, the plush Hyatt Grand Bed® and a sectional sofa sleeper
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel
- Complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet TM, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, a variety of fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, breads, premium coffee and an assortment of juices
- More than 1,000 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
- 24/7 Guest Kitchen serving made-to-order snacks and entrees
- Intimate Bakery Café featuring Starbucks® specialty coffees, premium beers and wines and cocktails
Hyatt Place Los Angeles/LAX/El Segundo is under the leadership of General Manager Jacob Vanderwiel and Director of Sales Wilma David. In his role, Vanderwiel is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s more than 30 associates and ensuring guests encounter the purposeful service for which Hyatt Place is known. David, director of sales, is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the LAX/El Segundo area.