MILWAUKEE, Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE:BGG):
The Board of Directors of Briggs & Stratton Corporation today approved a change in the payment date of its regular cash dividend previously approved on October 17, 2012.
The payment date for the dividend of $0.12 cents per share has been changed to December 31, 2012 from January 2, 2013. The record date for this quarterly dividend remains unchanged at December 14, 2012.David Rodgers, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, said, "Due to the current dividend tax rate's scheduled expiration on December 31, 2012, the company is accelerating the payment date of the dividend by two days to provide shareholders certainty on tax treatment for dividends received." BRIGGS & STRATTON CORPORATION David J. Rodgers Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer SOURCE Briggs & Stratton Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV