TORONTO, Dec. 12, 2012 /CNW/ - Bloomberg Markets has named CIBC's Chief Economist Avery Shenfeld as the top forecaster of the Canadian economy over the last two years.
No other bank economist ranked among Bloomberg's Top 3 forecasters of the Canadian economy for the two-year period ended on Sept. 30.
Meanwhile, MarketWatch has selected CIBC as the most accurate forecaster on U.S. economic indicators for the month of November. CIBC also won the monthly award in August.
"These awards illustrate the strength and depth our economics team and why they are among the most sought-after experts by our clients," says Richard Nesbitt, Senior Executive Vice-President, CIBC. "We applaud Avery Shenfeld and CIBC Economists Emanuella Enenajor and Andrew Grantham who contribute to the Canadian and U.S. forecasts that are the subject of these awards. Also making key contributions to our team's top notch economics coverage are Deputy Chief Economist Benjamin Tal and Senior Economists Peter Buchanan and Warren Lovely."CIBC's wholesale banking business provides a range of integrated credit and capital markets products, investment banking, and merchant banking to clients in key financial markets in North America and around the world. We provide innovative capital solutions and advisory expertise across a wide range of industries as well as top-ranked research for our corporate, government and institutional clients. SOURCE CIBC World Markets
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV