FREMONT, Calif., Dec. 12, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
Befitting an event of its stature, the iGATE CEO Cup has announced that the trophy for the inaugural tournament Jan. 12-13, 2013 on the Stadium Course at TPC® Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., will be the world's largest gold sports trophy. It will be larger than the iconic FIFA World Cup trophy.
Designed by renowned sculptor Amit Pabuwal, based in Jaipur, India, the iGATE CEO Cup trophy will be 21 inches tall, will weigh 8.6 kilograms of gold and will be emblazoned with diamonds and rubies. The FIFA World Cup – 14.4 inches tall, weighing 5 kilograms of gold only -- currently is the largest gold trophy.The iGATE CEO Cup, the world's largest trophy, will be on display at the inaugural iGATE CEO Cup. The first iGATE CEO Cup is being held in association with Forbes, publisher of Forbes magazine and forbes.com, and is co-sponsored by the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). "We are pleased to be working with Amit Pabuwal to create this classic trophy," said Phaneesh Murthy, CEO, iGATE. "The iGATE CEO Cup is a premier event and we should have a trophy that a CEO will be proud to lift. Pabuwal is distinguished for his work creating one-of-a-kind trophies for other sporting events. He holds the world's highest credentials in trophy making while crafting several world cups, acclaimed for their design and workmanship. Most notably, he designed the world's first Guinness world-record trophy Trilok Rachna. Now, Pabuwal will have entries in the Guinness Book of World Records under the categories of both largest silver trophy and largest gold trophy. The iGATE CEO Cup trophy design is unique, blending the modern trophy form with a Victorian effect of hand-crafted work and carved figures on the trophy. The trophy will have golf players embossed outside with the inside area depicting grass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV