NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- A decade ago I began writing about what is now called the Internet of Things.
I foresaw single-chip motes adding intelligence to lawn sprinklers and home security systems. I saw radio based identification, or RFID, chips and wireless networking telling whether the yogurt had gone bad, making a shopping list for you. I even foresaw heart and blood monitors quietly anticipating your heart attack, a real "killer app" that could get the paramedics to you before the pain started.
I dreamed too small.
What turns a technology executive into a legend is the size and shape of hisor her dreams.
(GOOG) CEO Larry Page has some massive ones,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV