- KOSPO has installed six AGP systems at its Shinincheon plant to generate 130 megawatts (MW) of additional power. With South Korea’s burgeoning economy driving higher demand for electricity, the upgrades have helped ensure the country’s grid stability and provided a higher reserve margin of power, which previously dipped as low as 4 percent during peak demand periods. “We approached GE as a partner to identify a solution that would address the growing economic diversity and demand for energy that our country is experiencing,” said Kyung-kyu Lim, manager, KOSPO’s PowerGen department. “Having the ability to deliver more power by upgrading our existing infrastructure has been a timely and cost-effective approach to meeting our customers’ needs, while maintaining our commitment to clean energy production.”
- Calpine Corporation’s Los Medanos and Pastoria plants in California, and Westbrook facility in Maine, have experienced a 5.5 percent output increase since installing AGP technology on six GE 7F gas turbines. They also have experienced an approximately 1 percent improvement in site heat rates. This performance has better positioned the plants to bid more competitively for power demand, as well as capitalize on opportunities to capture additional revenue.
- A Southeastern U.S. GE customer is deploying AGP technology on its 7F gas turbines as part of its long-term fleet modernization strategy. The project is improving the power provider’s operational efficiency, expanding its capacity and will help manage long-term costs more effectively to deliver additional value to the company’s customers and shareholders.
- AGP upgrades on two 7F gas turbines at Duke Energy’s Smith Energy Complex in Raleigh, N.C., are currently being installed and will generate an output increase of 16 MW and fuel efficiency increase of more than 1 percent. Richmond County’s growing population and regional business footprint has driven incremental power demand, along with the need for the site to operate more flexibly as market conditions fluctuate.
- In Alberta, Canada, TransCanada Energy Ltd.’s MacKay River cogeneration plant needed to deliver more electricity and steam capacity, while maintaining high operational availability to support its nearly 24-hour-a-day manufacturing cycle. The upgrade currently is being installed and MacKay expects to increase its power output by 4.5 percent, while maintaining its low emissions footprint to remain aligned with Alberta’s clean energy policies.
- IBERDROLA, Mexico’s leading private power generation company, installed AGP upgrades on eight units at its TAMAZUNCHALE and Altamira V plants to manage operational costs including fuel consumption. Additionally, since deployment of the technology in 2010, the output gained from the upgrades has enabled IBERDROLA to increase its operational revenue by winning more bids for power in the region.
GE To Install Its 100th Advanced Gas Path System At South Korea’s Largest Electric Utility To Improve Gas Turbine Performance By Nearly 5 Percent
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts