NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Yahoo! (YHOO) introduced its new Yahoo! Mail on Monday as the Internet giant bolsters its email arsenal against Google's (GOOG) Gmail, text messaging and social networks such as Facebook (FB) and Twitter.
"You've told us loud and clear that you want fewer distractions when it comes to email," wrote Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer, in a blog post. You want to quickly login, communicate, and get on with your day."
The Yahoo! chief described the new version of Yahoo! Mail as fast, easy and available anywhere. The improvements, she added, are available on Web, Microsoft (MSFT) Windows 8, Apple (AAPL) iPhone/iPod touch and Google (GOOG) Android.
In the U.S., Yahoo! Mail's total unique visitors in November declined 16% from the same period in 2011, while Google Gmail's visitors increased 25%, according to the latest statistics from research firm comScore. Microsoft Hotmail and AOL (AOL) Email visitors declined 19% and 17%, respectively.With Mayer eager to stamp her mark on Yahoo! and its products after taking the company's reins earlier this year, we're keen to get your thoughts on the new Yahoo! Mail.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV