Cramer Quick Take: Fed Can't Control Congress
Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke can only buy so many bonds, Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt of TheStreet.com Wednesday. That means only Congress can act to help the economy.
But Cramer isn't optimistic. With the Fed meeting today, Cramer said after meetings he had in Washington earlier this week on Capitol Hill he is disappointed the Republicans are as bad as the Democrats, neither offering much for a deal to avert the fiscal cliff.
To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here.-- Written by Margo D. Beller in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV