Updated with closing prices.
Multiple reports cited Apple speaking with its Asian component suppliers, and said that the tech giant's working on several designs of the next-gen television set.
Apple's manufacturing partner, Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd. is said to have been working with Sharp on the project, but nothing official has yet been announced.
Sensata Technologies (ST) shares fell 2.61% to $29.66 as the sensors and controls company priced its secondary offering, selling 10 million shares at $29.95. Sensata is not going to receive any of the proceeds from the offering, outside of proceeds from certain selling shareholders. The offering is expected to close on Dec. 17, 2012. Morgan Stanley and Barclays are acting as the joint book-runners on the offering.
Akamai Technologies (AKAM) shares rose 1.92% to $40.36 as Goldman Sachs resumed coverage on the name, with a "neutral" rating and a $44 price target. Akamai recently signed a deal with AT&T (T) for the telecom giant to start reselling Akamai's content delivery network (CDN) services. The press release on the deal said the two companies will initially focus their efforts on the North American market, but hope to expand globally within the next 12 months. Closing Prices: Apple dips $2.39 (0.44%) to close at $539.00. Akamai Technologies adds 37 cents (0.93%) to $39.97. Sensata Technologies loses 46 cents (1.51%) to close at $29.99. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV