NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The divergent fortunes of Twitter and Research In Motion (RIMM), Apple's (AAPL) incremental changes and President Barack Obama's biggest year ever top TheStreet's predictions for 2013, made by staff and contributors.
Events next year may not be as easy to foresee as who wins the election (we were right on that one) because the workings of the economy, markets, technology and politics are more complex than they used to be.
I've already done a prediction column for technology, so I'm going to play armchair economist this time around (my second-favorite armchair gig behind armchair QB), and stay away from tech, while focusing on the broader economy, and ultimately, the fiscal cliff.Here's TheStreet's predictions for 2013. Please add your own in the comments field, and we'll compile them for a new story.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV