- The returns process is an opportunity for retailers to increase conversion rates and overall customer satisfaction and loyalty. Despite the fact that at least 62% of consumers admit to reviewing return policies prior to purchasing, over 30% of merchants still fail to provide detailed information about their policy on their website, specifically the window of time allowed for returns.
- Ease of returns ranks high on the list of consumer needs with regards to online ordering. We found that only 25% of merchants include a return label in with the product shipment, while 9% require a call to initiate the return.
- With over 15% of merchants, credit took 16 days or longer to appear after the product had been returned.
- Data from our April, June, and August 2012 order cycles shows a downward trend in the number of merchants who do not offer free shipping of any kind. At the other end of the spectrum, the number of merchants who offer free shipping on all orders is increasing slightly.
Innotrac Shares SmartHub® Findings
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.