New Report On Economic Impact Of New Markets Tax Credit Finds Significant Return On Investment For Taxpayers
WASHINGTON, Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A report released today by the New Markets Tax Credit Coalition details how the New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) has spurred private investment in economically distressed communities to create over 500,000 jobs, generate billions in federal tax revenue and revitalize urban and rural communities nationwide.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-report-on-economic-impact-of-new-markets-tax-credit-finds-significant-return-on-investment-for-taxpayers-182996711.html
"While there is ample data on the NMTC's track record of delivering capital to our most challenged communities, there was little research on its aggregate impact, until now," explained NMTC Coalition Board of Directors Chairman Jose Villalobos.
The NMTC Economic Impact Report is the first to measure the aggregate economic impact of NMTC investments over the course of the program and examine the extent to which federal tax revenue generated by NMTC investments offsets program costs.The Report highlights four key findings:
- NMTC investments between 2003 and 2010 are responsible for creating over 500,000 jobs in economically distressed communities across America;
- These investments generated over $5.3 billion in federal tax revenue and over $3 billion in state and local taxes;
- Federal tax revenue generated by NMTC investments more than covers the program cost as measured in terms of revenue lost by the federal government; and
- Through 2010, NMTC investments directly generated over 124,000 operational (permanent) jobs. In 2010 alone, NMTC investments in operational activities generated almost $1.1 billion in federal tax revenue, easily offsetting the estimated $720 million cost of the program for the federal government and providing a 50 percent return on investment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV