- NMTC investments between 2003 and 2010 are responsible for creating over 500,000 jobs in economically distressed communities across America;
- These investments generated over $5.3 billion in federal tax revenue and over $3 billion in state and local taxes;
- Federal tax revenue generated by NMTC investments more than covers the program cost as measured in terms of revenue lost by the federal government; and
- Through 2010, NMTC investments directly generated over 124,000 operational (permanent) jobs. In 2010 alone, NMTC investments in operational activities generated almost $1.1 billion in federal tax revenue, easily offsetting the estimated $720 million cost of the program for the federal government and providing a 50 percent return on investment.
New Report On Economic Impact Of New Markets Tax Credit Finds Significant Return On Investment For Taxpayers
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.