DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Powerful, fuel-efficient 2.0-liter turbocharged, direct-injected EcoBoost ® engine wins for exceptional performance in Ford Taurus and Focus ST
- Shelby GT500 5.8-liter V8 –the world's highest-horsepower regular production V8 engine – also a winner
- No competitor has won more 10 Best Engines awards than Ford in the last five years
- An EcoBoost engine has won a 10 Best Engines trophy every year since launch
Ford Motor Company's fuel efficient 2.0-liter EcoBoost ® four-cylinder engine is one of two Ford engines this year to win a highly coveted 10 Best Engines trophy from the editors of WardsAuto World.
The 662-horsepower 5.8-liter V8 – the world's most powerful production V8 engine – in the 2013 Shelby GT500 has also won a 10 Best Engines trophy.
Each fall, Ward's editors evaluate the latest powertrains from the world's automakers in rigorous testing to determine which engines deliver the best blend of performance, value, fuel efficiency and refinement.Ford has won eight 10 Best Engines awards in the last five years – more than any other domestic automaker and tied with Germany's BMW for most wins. The 2.0-liter turbocharged, direct-injected engine, produced in Valencia, Spain, is Ford's global workhorse EcoBoost engine, powering everything from the rear-wheel-drive Falcon sedan in Australia to vans in Europe and the high-performance Focus ST. Last year, the 2.0-liter won a 10 Best Engines award in the Ford Edge crossover. "The EcoBoost Taurus and Focus ST really show just how versatile and capable the 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine is," said Joe Bakaj, Ford vice president of Powertrain Engineering. "The Focus ST is the first performance application for EcoBoost, and it really delivers the goods," he added. "The 2.0-liter EcoBoost in the Taurus replaces a V6 and delivers great all-around performance, along with best-in-class 32 mpg on the highway."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV