Transunion also reported a slight uptick in credit card delinquencies, but expects the rate to remain low in 2013 at 0.87% as consumers remain overly dependent on credit cards for liquidity in the current economic backdrop.
Banks including Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup and Wells Fargo have been profiting from a decline in defaults by borrowers. Still, Citigroup recently indicated that it won't release its mortgage loan loss reserves just yet as it remains cautious on the housing recovery.
-- Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV