HOPKINTON, Mass., Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC ® Smarts ® 9.1 extends EMC's virtual data center management capabilities to now include root-cause and impact analysis for all VMware vSphere® attached storage through new and enhanced integrations with VMware vCenter ™ Server and the EMC Storage Resource Management (SRM) Suite.
- New capability to provide root-cause and impact analysis for wireless networks through discovery of wireless controllers and the monitoring of wireless access points.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced significant enhancements to EMC ® Smarts software, further extending EMC's leadership in managing virtual data centers and cloud environments. EMC Smarts 9.1 now includes root-cause and impact analysis for all VMware vSphere attached storage through new and enhanced integrations with VMware vCenter Server and the EMC SRM Suite. Smarts 9.1 software enables users to visualize and understand storage and virtual machine relationships and dependencies in both physical and virtual data centers—and is a leading solution capable of correlating VMware DRS and SDRS (Distributed Resources Scheduler and Storage Distributed Resources Scheduler) activity to overall data center management. With this latest release of Smarts, EMC is delivering another management solution supporting EMC's position as the #1 storage choice for VMware environments.To view the multimedia version of this news release go to http://www.emc.com/about/news/press/2012/20121212-01.htm. The EMC SRM Suite is EMC's single, easily consumable monitoring and reporting package that provides performance, capacity, and configuration management for EMC and select third-party storage arrays. EMC Prosphere ® is a key component of the SRM Suite. Through Smarts 9.1 integration with the SRM Suite, EMC ProSphere now provides EMC Smarts 9.1 with storage topology- and device-level information to enhance the EMC Smarts management model. The new enhancements to Smarts enable high service-level assurance and operational efficiency by eliminating management blind spots. Smarts delivers detailed insight into virtualized IT environments, from virtual machines to the underlying physical infrastructure. Smarts gives customers the ability to easily understand the fast-changing relationships and interdependencies among physical and virtual infrastructure elements. These elements include physical, virtual, and wireless networks, virtual switches, VMware vSphere Storage and virtual machine vSphere vMotion activity, virtual machine impacts, and device and path information for all VMware vSphere attached storage. Smarts 9.1 Technology Highlights:
- Increased Virtual Data Center Visibility— Delivers line-of-sight of virtualized IT environments, from virtual machines to the underlying physical infrastructure, so that users can understand the interdependencies—including virtual networks, virtual switches, vSphere vMotion activity, VM impacts, and all VMware vSphere attached storage.
- Comprehensive Configuration Management— Delivers ability to see all changes and deviations from approved configurations, leverage policies to ensure desired configurations automatically remain compliant, make device updates and corrections faster and more easily, and eliminate the possibility of human error creating a service-impacting problem.
- Enhanced Ability to Identify & Act— Delivers the ability to automatically identify root causes, and quickly separate symptoms from problems so users can address the appropriate issue impacting application and service delivery. Users can also determine risk conditions by seeing performance degradations and understanding dependencies—before business impact occurs. In addition, customers can manage key cloud-enabling technologies, including protocol management, MPLS, optical, multicast, and VoIP.