S&P Merger Arbitrage Index Launched By S&P Dow Jones Indices
NEW YORK, Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest provider of financial market indices, announced today the launch of the S&P Merger Arbitrage Index, which seeks to model a risk arbitrage strategy that exploits commonly observed price changes associated with a global selection of publicly announced mergers, acquisitions or other corporate reorganizations. The Index has been licensed to ProShares to serve as the basis for an upcoming ProShares ETF.
"The S&P Merger Arbitrage Index aims to address the market's continued interest in a merger arbitrage strategy says Vinit Srivastava, director of strategy indices at S&P Dow Jones Indices. "This offering expands our family of long-only merger arbitrage indices and further builds our capabilities in the alternative indexing space."
The S&P Merger Arbitrage Index (the "Index") is comprised of stocks that are active in pending merger deals. At any given time, a maximum of 40 companies that are currently targets in merger deals are represented in the Index in long positions and a maximum of 40 companies that are currently acquirers for the same stock merger deals are represented in short positions.
The S&P Merger Arbitrage Index includes two sub-indices which represent the long and the short components of the headline Index separately –
- S&P Merger Arbitrage - Long Index
- S&P Merger Arbitrage - Short Index
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV