Dell today detailed its strategy for developing and deploying PCs that enable new user experiences while also meeting enterprise IT demands around security, manageability and reliability. The company recently introduced a completely redesigned portfolio of personal computing devices, services and solutions that let people move easily between work and personal applications. The devices also help enterprise IT departments deliver solutions that enable personal productivity while also protecting sensitive corporate data.
New Client Devices
Dell has recently introduced a completely redesigned platform of new commercial and consumer tablets and PCs that combine a consumer-friendly aesthetic with advanced business client functionality. These new form factors were created to capitalize on the advances in new operating systems such as Windows 8 and make touch computing available to more end-users than ever before.
“As one of the world’s largest and most successful companies, General Electric maintains a diverse set of technology solutions to address the needs of our global workforce,” said John Seral, senior vice president and chief information officer at GE Energy. “This diversity creates security and management challenges for IT, especially when new operating systems and software packages are considered. That’s why GE is excited to work with Dell and use its XPS product line for our enterprise needs. The design is attractive and something our employees are proud to carry around, and the security benefits make IT’s lives much easier. Simplification is a major focus at GE and reducing operating system variance from Microsoft Windows is helped by the XPS platform that is sleek and light.”The new devices recently introduced by Dell include the:
- Latitude 10 – Dell’s first business-class tablet that takes advantage of the latest advances in touch-enabled applications and fits easily into current IT environments by supporting existing Microsoft productivity applications and plugging into existing management consoles;
- Latitude 6430u – a 14-inch notebook that strikes the balance between aesthetic appeal and corporate needs to be the most manageable and secure Ultrabook thanks to Dell’s unique vPro extension. The Latitude 6430u is backed by extensive world-class service and support;
- XPS 10 – a tablet that delivers laptop-like productivity so users can fluidly transition from work projects to their personal pursuits. The XPS 10 is powered by Microsoft Windows RT and dual-core ARM architecture; and,
- XPS 12 – a convertible notebook that combines the performance of an Ultrabook with the ease-of-use of a tablet into a single device with a leading edge touch experience. The innovative form allows users to quickly shift from work to play and back.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV