Customers from small businesses to large enterprises, across geographies and industries, selected Dell Services in 2012 to help transform IT and solve business problems. With industrialized service offerings that make it simple for customers to receive the level of service that’s right for them, Dell Services offers consulting services and end-to-end capabilities that empower IT to achieve cost savings, growth and innovation.
“At Dell World this week, we’re talking about the disruptive forces that our customers are facing, such as cloud, social media, mobility, data and security,” said Suresh Vaswani, president, Dell Services. “This year we’ve seen enterprises turn increasingly to Dell Services to help modernize and adapt their IT environments to manage the growing challenges and opportunities presented by these disruptive forces. More and more, our customers are recognizing the power of information technology and services in enabling their business outcomes.”
Examples of Dell Services milestones in 2012 include:
Security: Protecting Customers from Cyber Attacks
- Dell recently reported that security revenue for fiscal year 2013 third quarter was up 16 percent year over year. Dell SecureWorks has been a significant contributor, continuing to expand its role as a leader in Information Security Services since it was acquired by Dell in 2011. It now processes more than 30 billion events every day.
- In an effort to grow its services further for its customers, Dell SecureWorks is teaming with FireEye®, a leader in advanced threat protection, to protect customers from advanced cyber attacks. The company will manage and monitor the FireEye Malware Protection System™ (MPS) family of appliances. The FireEye MPS solution gives Dell SecureWorks customers an additional layer of protection against spear phishing attacks, web attacks and other obfuscated attacks typically used in stealthy and highly-sophisticated Advanced Persistent Threat campaigns, before they can compromise their targets. Dell SecureWorks will be the inaugural Managed Security Services Provider partner of the FireEye Certified Service Provider program.
- Dell is seeing success from its focused efforts and investments in cloud, and reported that cloud revenue for fiscal year 2013 third quarter was up 30 percent year over year.
- As an early pioneer and an active leader in the OpenStack community, Dell is increasing its commitment to OpenStack as its open source cloud platform of choice for public and private cloud. While Dell will continue to offer outstanding overall solutions for any type of cloud that customers want to run, the company believes the open and compatible nature of OpenStack allows customers to take advantage of hybrid capabilities to move workloads between private and public clouds.
- Dell will build its private and public cloud platforms on OpenStack. As a first step, today Dell is releasing a technical preview of its private cloud, Dell Cloud Dedicated, with OpenStack. Using OpenStack as Dell’s primary platform offers customers the benefits of scalability, self-service access and a consumption-based usage model, while enabling a new, improved way to develop and run applications taking advantage of open source cloud. Dell Cloud Dedicated with OpenStack also provides private cloud infrastructure that can meet the security and compliance needs of large enterprises and vertical organizations. Companies interested in participating in the technical preview of Dell Cloud Dedicated with OpenStack may email OStechnicalpreview@dell.com for information.
- In addition to Dell’s advancements with open source clouds, Dell also offers a VMware-based Dell Cloud Dedicated Service to deliver managed private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service. Dell Cloud Dedicated offers all the benefits of cloud computing for customers with VMware requirements and is designed to meet the strict security and regulatory requirements of the most sensitive data, such as health care information.
- The company also has seen strong momentum in public cloud and its online ordering capability that enables customers to automatically provision Dell cloud and get up and running with preconfigured bundles in a matter of minutes. These bundles include security monitoring and around-the-clock support from Dell SecureWorks™, Quest Defender, SonicWall and Dell ProSupport™. Customers may also choose from additional options, including cloud security solutions from Trend Micro.
- Dell Services continues to enhance and refine its application modernization offerings to help customers reduce the cost of transitioning business-critical applications and data from legacy computing systems to open, standards-based platforms and agile cloud infrastructures. Since Dell acquired Clerity Solutions and Make Technologies earlier this year, Dell Services has won application modernization engagements across the globe, including assessments, re-hosting and re-architecture implementations.
- As organizations aim to better align business decisions with technology, Dell Portfolio Assessment services now offer the ability to define business capabilities and link them directly to technical assets. Dell Portfolio Assessment services help organizations better understand the application assets they have, create a direct link from the top-level business layer down to the applications’ programs and source code, and create a comprehensive modernization roadmap for the future.
- Dell is announcing new SupportAssist technology to provide proactive support for Dell PowerEdge servers, PowerVault storage arrays and PowerConnect switches. Available today to Dell ProSupport* customers, SupportAssist installs quickly to enable remote monitoring, automatic case creation and data collection, as well as proactive parts dispatch with customer consent. With SupportAssist, customers can gain insight and control of their environment, enabling them to resolve issues quickly and minimize downtime .
- Dell also has launched a new Storage Consulting Accelerators service to provide solution designs and optimization plans for storing, protecting and archiving massive amounts of data. Dell IT consultants rapidly perform an automated data collection process, business needs assessment, and gap analysis to develop an integrated custom data management solution with a sound cost benefit analysis, tailored to the needs of the clients and the customers they serve.
- Dell ProSupport,* which simplifies support with one contract, one support team and one point of accountability, is extending its global multivendor capabilities to cover Apple products in addition to HP, Cisco, NetApp, IBM, Sun, Toshiba and more on thousands of models ranging from x86 servers to laptops, desktops, UNIX®, networking and storage.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts