TORONTO, Dec. 12, 2012 /CNW/ - Sears Canada Inc. (TSX: SCC) announced today the sale of its 40% ownership of the leasehold interest in Medicine Hat Mall in Alberta to the Company's joint venture partner, Sleeping Bay Building Corp., for pre-tax consideration of $43 million.
This transaction will have no effect on any associates employed at the Sears store at Medicine Hat Mall, nor on the operation of the store which will continue to serve the residents of Medicine Hat and surrounding area as it has proudly done since 1978 in this location, and prior to that from its previous store built in 1960.
Sears Canada is a multi-channel retailer with a network that includes 195 corporate stores, 269 hometown dealer stores, 8 home services showrooms, over 1,500 catalogue and online merchandise pick-up locations, 102 Sears Travel offices and a nationwide home maintenance, repair, and installation network. The Company also publishes Canada's most extensive general merchandise catalogue and offers shopping online at www.sears.ca.
SOURCE Sears Canada Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV