Kyocera Corporation (NYSE:KYO)(TOKYO:6971) today announced that its wholly owned subsidiary Kyocera Crystal Device Corporation, in charge of development and manufacturing of crystal devices, has succeeded in developing a temperature characteristics-free etalon filter — a crystal device which has applied the atomic diffusion bonding technique for the first time in the industry *1.
An etalon filter is a component which detects deviations in multiple light wavelengths in high-capacity optical communication transmissions systems. For this new product, Kyocera Crystal Device has realized a temperature characteristics-free etalon filter with high-accuracy, high-reliability and smaller size due to its success in developing a crystal device applying the atomic diffusion bonding technique. The product will be available on a sample basis starting January 2013.
|Product name:||Temperature characteristics-free etalon filter (C type)|
|Applications:||Tunable laser module for optical communications and industrial use|
- External dimensions: >1.2mm squared
- Adaptive wavelength: 1,520 to 1,620nm
- Temperature characteristics: ±0.15pm /°C typ. (pm/°C = 10 -12m/°C)
- FSR: 50/100GHz
- Extinction ratio or reflectance: Custom
|Availability:||Starting in January 2013|
|Production facilities:||KYOCERA Crystal Device Hokkaido Corporation (Japan)|
1. Industry-leading product specifications enable freedom from temperature characteristicsThe new product has achieved an industry-leading level of temperature characteristics of ±0.15pm/°C. This was achieved by applying a design technique combining positive temperature characteristic crystals with negative temperature characteristic crystals and an advanced crystal processing technique, along with industry's first application of the atomic diffusion bonding technique. Furthermore, since the temperature characteristics-free etalon filter does not require a Peltier device for temperature adjustment, it can contribute to downsizing and energy conservation in tunable laser modules.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts