Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (Nasdaq: VTSS) and Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq: MSCC) announced the availability of a joint reference design delivering precise IEEE1588v2 ( 1588) timing and synchronization required by carriers to deliver scalable, higher bandwidth communication services over packet-based networks. Based on Vitesse’s Serval™ VSC7418 Carrier Ethernet Switch Engine with VeriTime™ 1588 technology and Microsemi’s ZL30343 SyncE/IEEE1588 packet synchronizer (DPLL) and state-of-the-art clock recovery algorithm, the reference design enables customers to leverage Vitesse and Microsemi synchronization and timing expertise, and expedite time-to-market with next-generation network products.
“Our jointly developed reference design allows broadband service providers to simplify the implementation of 1588 synchronization and timing technology and streamline the transition to IP Edge networks,” said Maamoun Seido, vice president for timing products at Microsemi. “Demand for precise timing and synchronization solutions is growing and we will continue to collaborate with industry leaders such as Vitesse to deliver industry-standard 1588 solutions to meet this need.”
“This reference design provides our customers with a proven path to add precision timing needed for carrier access and backhaul networks,” said Uday Mudoi, product marketing director at Vitesse. “Vitesse’s VeriTime portfolio delivers nanosecond accurate time-stamping for both microwave and fiber networks, which when combined with the Microsemi DPLL and clock recovery algorithm, helps OEMs expedite upgrades to meet 4G/LTE network timing requirements.”
Reference Design DetailsThe reference design, known as the VSC5619EV, is available immediately. The embedded processor in the Serval device runs Vitesse CEService software, combined with Microsemi’s clock recovery algorithm. The reference design meets the performance demands for timing synchronization in accordance with ITU-T Recommendation G.8262/G.8261 for wireless base stations, radio network controllers, gateways, aggregation and transmission equipment, and routers while reducing design complexity. Additional details are available at www.vitesse.com/ce/1588-ref-design. Contact your local Vitesse sales office to learn more. Specific devices on the VSC5619EV include:
- Vitesse’s VSC7418 Carrier Ethernet Switch Engine is part of its industry-leading VeriTime portfolio of 1 Gigabit Ethernet ( GE), 10GE, 10GE OTN PHYs and Carrier Ethernet switch engines. For more details, visit www.vitesse.com/products/product.php?number=VSC7418.
- Microsemi’s ZL30343 SyncE and IEEE 1588 packet synchronizer, part of the ZL3034x family of DPLLs, which provide all required clock synthesis and network timing functions for a central timing card or line card in carrier grade network equipment. The ZL3034x chipset is based upon proven G.813 EEC Stratum3 timing silicon for clock synthesis, with additional support for IEEE 1588-2008 (PTP) and Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE) timing references. For more details, visit www.microsemi.com/product-directory/clock-synchronization/ieee-1588.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts