Holiday Travel of America is a recognized leader and standard-setter in the incentive travel industry. However, due to limited IT resources, the company needed to increase efficiencies with automated manual IT asset management processes, such as software patch management, in order to ensure maximum application performance for users.
Holiday Travel of America deployed the BMC FootPrints solution from BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to achieve this goal, while improving efficiency and ensuring software license compliance.
“In addition to helping me perform more efficiently, BMC tools also enable me to leave users alone while I work through patch, license and support issues,” said Shane Harris, system administrator at Holiday Travel of America. “I can operate in the background to provide the help that users need without interrupting their work.”
Harris added, “It’s good to know we’re working with a company that’s dedicated to making sure its solutions work well and is willing to jump in when unusual circumstances occur.”The Challenge Holiday Travel of America needed to accelerate and automate manual patch management processes to maximize application performance and maintain security. The company also required accurate tracking of software usage to ensure license compliance. The Solution Holiday Travel of America deployed the BMC FootPrints solution to meet these objectives and centralize management processes as well as record keeping. It eliminated manual patch management and obtained accurate, up-to-date records related to software use. Benefits With BMC’s FootPrints solution, Holiday Travel of America achieved important benefits. The company was able to:
- Reduce asset management and patch time by 30 percent
- Reduce the risk of poor application performance due to delays in patch deployment
- Ensure software license compliance
- Provide better service to end users due to increased efficiency
- Read the full Holiday Travel case study
- Access the BMC FootPrints community
- Visit the On the Mark blog
- Follow @BMCSoftware and @BMC_FootPrints on Twitter
- Become a fan of BMC on Facebook
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV