Holiday Travel of America is a recognized leader and standard-setter in the incentive travel industry. However, due to limited IT resources, the company needed to increase efficiencies with automated manual IT asset management processes, such as software patch management, in order to ensure maximum application performance for users.
Holiday Travel of America deployed the BMC FootPrints solution from BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to achieve this goal, while improving efficiency and ensuring software license compliance.
“In addition to helping me perform more efficiently, BMC tools also enable me to leave users alone while I work through patch, license and support issues,” said Shane Harris, system administrator at Holiday Travel of America. “I can operate in the background to provide the help that users need without interrupting their work.”
Harris added, “It’s good to know we’re working with a company that’s dedicated to making sure its solutions work well and is willing to jump in when unusual circumstances occur.”The Challenge Holiday Travel of America needed to accelerate and automate manual patch management processes to maximize application performance and maintain security. The company also required accurate tracking of software usage to ensure license compliance. The Solution Holiday Travel of America deployed the BMC FootPrints solution to meet these objectives and centralize management processes as well as record keeping. It eliminated manual patch management and obtained accurate, up-to-date records related to software use. Benefits With BMC’s FootPrints solution, Holiday Travel of America achieved important benefits. The company was able to:
- Reduce asset management and patch time by 30 percent
- Reduce the risk of poor application performance due to delays in patch deployment
- Ensure software license compliance
- Provide better service to end users due to increased efficiency
- Read the full Holiday Travel case study
- Access the BMC FootPrints community
- Visit the On the Mark blog
- Follow @BMCSoftware and @BMC_FootPrints on Twitter
- Become a fan of BMC on Facebook
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts