Since 2010, Enphase Energy Has Worked With GRID Alternatives To Bring Solar Power To Low-income Families In The San Francisco Bay Area Through Philanthropic Employee Workdays And Donations Of The Enphase Microinverter System. (Graphic: Business Wire)
Enphase Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: ENPH), today announced a company community giving milestone with GRID Alternatives, a nonprofit that brings the benefits of solar technology to communities that would not otherwise have access. Since 2010, Enphase has worked with GRID Alternatives to bring solar power to low-income families in the San Francisco Bay Area through philanthropic employee workdays and donations of the Enphase ® Microinverter System. Today, Enphase employees are installing the company’s 12 th solar array with GRID Alternatives on a home in Petaluma, Calif., bringing the total of volunteer time to over 1,500 hours.
The community and environmental impact of Enphase employee workdays to-date:
- $280,000 savings to the 12 families combined
- Over 875 tons of greenhouse gas emissions prevented
- 20,600 equivalent number of trees
- Equivalent of taking 150 cars off the road for one year
In addition to employee workdays, Enphase is credited with the largest inverter donation in GRID Alternatives’ history of over 2,300 microinverters. This donation can support nearly 500kW of solar energy, which GRID Alternatives estimates will generate $4.4 million worth of power over the systems’ expected lifetime. Almost 14,000 tons of greenhouse gas emissions is estimated to be prevented from entering the atmosphere due to this single donation.
“We partnered with GRID Alternatives very early on as a company because we believed in the value they bring to families in our community who need clean, affordable energy the most,” said Greg Steele, senior vice president of manufacturing for Enphase. “GRID is also to be commended for the critical hands-on job training they provide for aspiring solar installers. We are proud to continue supporting them as both of our organizations expand and flourish.”GRID Alternatives has installed solar electric systems for nearly 2,800 low-income families in California to-date, and is expanding to Colorado in 2013. These systems are expected to save families $76 million in electricity costs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV