TEMPE, Ariz., Dec. 12, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LifeLock announces the new Council for Identity Protection, sponsored by LifeLock, to tackle issues around online trust, privacy and consumer rights. The Council will serve as a resource for experts across industries, academia and concerned consumers to stimulate a diversity of perspectives and facilitate solutions to a dynamic marketplace.
- Dr. Stephen Coggeshall is the Chief Technology Officer of ID Analytics, a leading consumer risk management solutions provider based in San Diego and a wholly owned subsidiary of LifeLock . He was the founding CTO in 2002, where he built the analytics team and helped design the powerful fraud solution. He left in 2003 to continue his work as CEO of the Los Alamos Computational Group which he also cofounded in 2002 and was brought in to Morgan Stanley in 2004 and returned to ID Analytics in 2005.
- Ori Eisen is the founder and Chairman of The 41st Parameter. He has spent the last ten years in the information technology industry, and is respected for his business knowledge and leadership. His background includes an in-depth application of innovative solutions for preventing business to consumer ecommerce fraud.
- Chris Jay Hoofnagle is director of the Berkeley Center for Law & Technology's information privacy programs and senior fellow to the Samuelson Law, Technology & Public Policy Clinic. He is an expert in information privacy law. He teaches computer crime law and a seminar on the Federal Trade Commission and online advertising.
- Dr. Markus Jakobsson is Principal Scientist of Consumer Security at PayPal. Before joining PayPal, Jakobsson held positions at Xerox PARC, Bell Labs, RSA Labs, New York University, Indiana University, and two anti-fraud startups that he co-founded, FatSkunk and RavenWhite. He holds over 100 patents, has authored over one hundred papers, and is the editor and author of three recent books.
- Kevin Mitnick, a man considered to be the "World's Most Famous Hacker," is author of several books on fraud and criminal methods. With more than fifteen years of experience in exploring computer security, Mitnick is a largely self-taught expert in exposing the vulnerabilities of complex operating systems and telecommunications devices.
- David Montague is the founder and President of The Fraud Practice. He has spent the last 14 years working in the eCommerce space, and is well respected for his business knowledge and thought leadership. His background includes an in-depth application of innovative solutions for preventing business to consumer e-commerce fraud.