- More than half of retailers surveyed (66 percent) were out-of-stock of particular products last Christmas, with clothing (52 percent), food and drink (44 percent) and electrical goods (44 percent) most commonly out-of-stock. With 41 percent of consumers surveyed stating that they plan to go to a competing website or retailer to get the Christmas gift they want, retailers are set to lose as much as £1.7 billion to competitors this Christmas.
- On average, retailers who were affected by stock-outs could not fulfill 21 percent of Christmas orders due to a lack of product availability – leading to a potential overall revenue loss of £147 million through missed sales opportunities.
UK Retailers' Christmas Gamble Fails As Stock-Outs Could Cost 1.87bn Pounds Sterling In Lost Opportunities This Christmas
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.