- More than half of retailers surveyed (66 percent) were out-of-stock of particular products last Christmas, with clothing (52 percent), food and drink (44 percent) and electrical goods (44 percent) most commonly out-of-stock. With 41 percent of consumers surveyed stating that they plan to go to a competing website or retailer to get the Christmas gift they want, retailers are set to lose as much as £1.7 billion to competitors this Christmas.
- On average, these retailers could not fulfill 21 percent of Christmas orders last Christmas due to a lack of product availability – leading to a potential overall revenue loss of £147 million through missed sales opportunities.
UK Retailers In Christmas Gamble As Stock-Outs Could Cost 1.87bn Pounds Sterling In Lost Opportunities This Christmas
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.