Renault-Nissan And Russian Technologies Create Joint Venture To Finalize Strategic Partnership With AVTOVAZ
MOSCOW, December 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Renault-Nissan and Russian Technologies create joint venture to accelerate product launches and technology transfer to AVTOVAZ, Russia's largest carmaker.
- Renault-Nissan will get a majority stake in the joint venture, called Alliance Rostec Auto BV, which will control AVTOVAZ, leader of the Russian auto market.
- This deal promotes Renault, Nissan and LADA's improved synergy and product development in the fast-growing Russian market.
The Renault-Nissan Alliance and Russian Technologies State Corporation have created a joint venture which will hold their entire equity interests in AVTOVAZ and serve as a stable, long-term controlling shareholder for Russia's largest car company and the owner of the LADA brand.
Renault-Nissan Chairman and CEO Carlos Ghosn announced the creation of Alliance Rostec Auto BV today at a ceremony in Moscow with Sergey Chemezov, General Director of Russian Technologies and Chairman of the Board of AVTOVAZ, and Igor Komarov, President of AVTOVAZ."Today's historic agreement is a win-win-win for all companies: Renault, Nissan and AVTOVAZ. It is a significant new chapter in an already solid partnership," Ghosn said. "The joint venture will help accelerate our Russian market offensive. It will support the competitiveness of AVTOVAZ, Russia's auto industry leader." According to the terms of the deal, Renault-Nissan will invest RUB23 billion ( US$ 742 million). The investment will give Renault-Nissan 67.13% of the joint venture by mid-2014. The joint venture will then hold 74.5% of AVTOVAZ. Renault, which purchased 25% of AVTOVAZ in 2008 and then helped AVTOVAZ in its successful turnaround, will invest about RUB11.3 billion ( US$366 million) in the joint venture and plans to own 50.1% in the joint venture by June 2014. Nissan which did not previously own a stake in AVTOVAZ, will invest RUB11.7 billion ( US$376 million) and plans to own 17.03% in the joint venture by the same period. Over the same period, Russian Technologies will hold 32.87% of the joint venture.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV