Jan. 1, 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Fla.
Matchup: Northwestern vs. Mississippi State
Payout: $2.5 million
Really? Is this bowl sponsored by 1999, too?
Nothing against "Taxslayer" and its thrash-metal approach to tax and accounting software, but putting a dot-com company name into a sports sponsorship brings back bad memories of sock-puppet pet site pitchmen and job-seeking monsters. We know Taxslayer has to do something to make folks stop thinking of Intuit's (INTU) TurboTax when they consider filing online, but NASCAR sponsorships and Dale Earnhardt Jr. driving his ride out to the 50-yard-line for the coin toss doesn't exactly scream fiscal prudence.Besides, there are only two dot-coms sponsoring bowls this year. The other is notorious skin-purveying web host GoDaddy. Unless Taxslayer.com either A) Switches NASCAR sponsorships and starts running Danica Patrick teaser clips or B) Starts playing portions of Slayer's "Reign In Blood" every time a taxpayer completes a subsection, they may want to rethink both their marketing and moniker.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV