AJC Praises Expanded Canada Sanctions On Iran
NEW YORK, Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- AJC praised Canada for unveiling a new package of sanctions against Iran focused on sectors that support or provide funds to the country's nuclear program.
"The Iranian regime must address, with urgent and concrete action, the international community's grave concerns over its nuclear activities," said Foreign Minister John Baird in announcing the new measures.
AJC Executive Director David Harris saluted " Canada's forthright efforts to advance global peace and security by intensifying existing pressures on the recalcitrant Iranian regime."Significantly, the new sanctions include for the first time the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. Other sectors targeted include oil and gas, mining and metals, and shipping. Baird explained that new sanctions are necessary because "the Iranian regime refuses to comply with its international obligations, cooperate fully with the International Atomic Energy Agency, or enter into meaningful negotiation." Canada's initiative comes amidst talk of another meeting of Iran with the P5+1 group of nations -- Britain, China, France, Germany, Russia and the U.S. -- and follows a new set of enhanced U.S. sanctions on Iran. Baird addressed AJC's 2012 Global Forum in Washington, D.C. SOURCE American Jewish Committee
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV